Six passengers discharged for home isolation.
45-day isolation period continues.
11 hantavirus cases, 3 deaths reported.

Atlas AI
Six people who were on the MV Hondius cruise ship linked to a hantavirus outbreak have been discharged from Arrowe Park Hospital in Wirral, UK, to continue a 45-day isolation period at home, health officials said Wednesday. The group had been taken to the Merseyside facility for specialist checks after being evacuated from Tenerife.
The UK Health Security Agency (UKHSA) said each person was assessed by public health and clinical specialists and was allowed to leave after a latest negative test. Officials said the six remain asymptomatic.
UKHSA said “appropriate public health protections” were put in place for every stage of their journey home. Health protection teams across the UK will monitor and support the individuals through daily contact during the remainder of their isolation, the agency said.
The discharge comes as authorities continue to manage an outbreak linked to the cruise ship. Officials have reported 11 cases among people on the cruise, including three deaths. Nine of the 11 cases are confirmed, with two more listed as probable.
Repatriation plans for British nationals on South Atlantic islands
Separately, UKHSA said 10 British nationals from South Atlantic islands connected to the outbreak are being brought to the UK as a precaution to complete self-isolation. The group is thought to include residents of the British overseas territories of St Helena and Ascension.
A medic on Ascension Island has developed symptoms but tested negative, UKHSA said. Further tests are under way to establish whether the illness is unrelated.
International coordination to contain the outbreak
UKHSA said it is working with the Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office and leaders on Ascension Island on repatriation and public health arrangements. Officials said the priority remains to ensure those affected are supported while measures continue to protect public health in England and in UK overseas territories.
Health officials said they will continue monitoring and testing as needed in the coming days as the remaining isolation periods run their course.


