Most claims dismissed in Lively's lawsuit.
Three claims remain for civil trial.
Baldoni's counter-suit was previously dismissed.

Atlas AI
A federal judge in New York on Thursday significantly reduced the scope of actress Blake Lively’s lawsuit against her co-star Justin Baldoni, dismissing most of the claims tied to their work on the film “It Ends with Us.” Judge Lewis Liman threw out 10 of the 13 allegations in Lively’s case, including claims described as sexual harassment and defamation. The decision leaves a smaller set of issues for the court to consider as the dispute continues.
The lawsuit traces back to events connected to the film’s production and escalated in 2024, when Lively accused Baldoni of harassment and of running a smear campaign. With Thursday’s ruling, the case now proceeds on three surviving claims: breach of contract, retaliation, and aiding and abetting in retaliation. Those remaining allegations are set to move toward a civil trial in New York scheduled for May 18.
Lively’s legal team said the sexual harassment claims were dismissed on procedural grounds rather than on the underlying narrative of the complaint. They pointed to technical factors cited in the litigation, including that filming took place in New Jersey rather than California, and that Lively was working as an independent contractor rather than as an employee.
The ruling, as described by the parties, therefore narrows the legal pathways available in the case while keeping parts of the dispute active.
Baldoni’s legal representatives said they were grateful for the court’s review and said they expect to defend against the claims that remain. The decision also comes after an earlier development in the broader legal fight between the two actors. In June, the court dismissed Baldoni’s $400 million counter-lawsuit against Lively, which had alleged civil extortion, defamation, and invasion of privacy.
The continuing proceedings underscore how disputes over on-set conduct and reputation management can move beyond private negotiations and into public court filings. For the entertainment industry, the case highlights the legal complexity that can arise when productions span multiple jurisdictions and when performers are engaged as independent contractors rather than employees.
The next major milestone on the calendar is the May 18 civil trial date in New York for the three surviving claims, while the parties continue to prepare their arguments under the narrowed framework set by the judge.
Related Articles
About this story
Atlas360 covers Culture as part of a broader effort to give international readers fast, source-checked context on global affairs. Our newsroom monitors original reporting from wire services, accredited correspondents and verified eyewitness accounts, then re-summarises the most important facts in clear, plain-language English so that you can understand both what happened and why it matters.
Every published article on Atlas360 is reviewed for accuracy, balance and timeliness before it reaches the homepage. When new information emerges — for example a correction from an official source, a casualty update, or a clarifying statement from a named spokesperson — we update the story in place and keep the original publication time so readers can track how a developing situation evolves.
If you want to keep following Culture, you can browse the related coverage at the foot of this page, subscribe to the Atlas360 newsletter for a daily roundup, or open the relevant topic page where every story we have published on the subject is listed in reverse chronological order. Reader signals from the community feed also shape which threads we keep reporting on.
