Hertfordshire Police reopened Tate abuse probe.
IOPC examined initial police investigation failures.
Tate denies all allegations; civil trial set for June.

Atlas AI
Hertfordshire Police said Tuesday it is reopening an investigation into sexual abuse allegations involving Andrew Tate, citing renewed attention on how the case was previously handled.
The move follows oversight scrutiny focused on a detective constable’s alleged shortcomings during earlier inquiries that covered events reported from 2014 and 2015.
What changed, and why it is happening now
The Independent Office for Police Conduct (IOPC) has begun examining whether the earlier police work met required standards, specifically looking at alleged failures linked to the 2014 and 2015 investigations.
In response, Hertfordshire Police said it will reinvestigate the underlying allegations, describing them as serious and stating that the passage of time will not prevent a full review.
Case timeline and current legal posture
The original allegations were made by three women and relate to the period between 2013 and 2015. Police previously conducted an inquiry that lasted four years before closing the case in 2019.
Separately, the Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) decided in September of the previous year that the evidentiary standard required to bring criminal charges had not been reached.
Civil proceedings and positions of the parties
The three original complainants, along with a fourth woman, are pursuing claims in the High Court. A civil trial is scheduled for June.
Tate has repeatedly rejected the allegations. Hertfordshire Police did not provide additional detail on investigative steps, potential timelines, or whether the reopened work could lead to a new referral to prosecutors.
Related Articles

India Swelters Under Extreme Heatwave
22 May, 18:05·about 4 hours ago
How Advisory Neighborhood Commissions Shape Local Decisions in Washington, D.C.
22 May, 00:35·about 21 hours ago