NY15:23
    LDN20:23
    HKG03:23
    TYO04:23
    Gold4,536+1.01%
    Bitcoin77,419+0.76%
    Gold4,536+1.0%
    Bitcoin77,419+0.8%
    LATEST NEWS
    Documents show Starmer aides briefed on journalist investigation23 minutesColts weigh 2026 extensions for Quenton Nelson, Jonathan Taylor34 minutesSean McVay admits mishandling Jared Goff trade communication in 2021about 1 hourReports link Aaron Rodgers’ Steelers decision to timing of 2026 NFL scheduleabout 1 hourNFL engages with Florida attorney general over diversity-hiring probeabout 2 hours2027 NFL mock draft projects Arch Manning No. 1 using 2026 orderabout 3 hoursDocuments show Starmer aides briefed on journalist investigation23 minutesColts weigh 2026 extensions for Quenton Nelson, Jonathan Taylor34 minutesSean McVay admits mishandling Jared Goff trade communication in 2021about 1 hourReports link Aaron Rodgers’ Steelers decision to timing of 2026 NFL scheduleabout 1 hourNFL engages with Florida attorney general over diversity-hiring probeabout 2 hours2027 NFL mock draft projects Arch Manning No. 1 using 2026 orderabout 3 hours
    Global Affairs

    Trump Warns Iran as Talks Stall After Ceasefire

    President Trump threatened Iran with severe consequences if negotiations fail, escalating rhetoric amid stalled talks and ceasefire violations.

    Published17 May 2026, 21:00:20
    Trump Warns Iran as Talks Stall After Ceasefire
    A360
    Key Takeaways✦ Atlas AI
    01

    Trump issued new threats against Iran.

    02

    Negotiations between U.S. and Iran remain stalled.

    03

    Both sides accuse each other of ceasefire violations.

    Atlas AI

    Atlas AI

    U.S. President Donald Trump issued a new warning to Iran on May 17, 2026, saying “time is running short” for Tehran to meet U.S. demands as negotiations over the conflict between the two countries remain stalled.

    In a post on his Truth Social platform, Trump wrote that Iran “better get moving, FAST, or there won’t be anything left of them,” language that echoed earlier messages from the U.S. president during the dispute.

    The conflict began on February 28 with a joint U.S.-Israeli attack on Iran. Since then, Trump has said U.S. objectives include dismantling Iran’s missile arsenal, severing its regional alliances, and ending its nuclear enrichment program.

    Iran has rejected the demands as excessive. A statement carried by the Iranian news agency Mehr said the United States had offered “no tangible concessions” in its latest proposals and was seeking to win in talks what it failed to achieve during the conflict.

    Ceasefire holds, but both sides cite violations

    Trump’s May 17 post followed earlier rhetoric, including an April 7 social media message suggesting large-scale destruction in Iran. Within hours of that post, the United States and Iran agreed to a ceasefire that has remained in place, though each side has accused the other of violations.

    The latest exchange comes as the diplomatic track appears to be narrowing, with public messages from both capitals growing more hostile even as negotiations continue to falter.

    Iran issues counter-warning over renewed aggression

    Iranian armed forces spokesperson Abolfazl Shakarchi warned Washington against further threats, saying any renewed aggression would bring “crushing and severe blows,” according to Mehr.

    Analysts cited in the repoSources said Trump’s hardline messaging could also be aimed at a domestic audience, while warning that the exchange of threats increases pressure on the ceasefire and raises the risk of escalation.

    In the coming days, attention will focus on whether Trump’s rhetoric is echoed by other U.S. officials and whether either side takes steps that could test the ceasefire.

    Share

    Related Articles

    Atlas360

    Sign up for Atlas Daily

    The daily global news briefing you can trust.

    every weekday·Read it now

    or
    Sign in

    Already subscribed? Sign in and we won't show you this message again.